Monday, February 28, 2011

What a fun project 

 So i'm getting ready for my baby hedgehog to arrive in a few weeks and I decided to make my own cage. The cages at the pet stores, even the large ones are to small for a hedgehog. They can run up to 5 miles a night and need lots of floor space. So I made myself a C&C Hedgehog cage that is 10.5 square feet. The C&C stand for "cubes & coroplast". The cubes are made out of the cubed wire storage grids that I got here on sale Cube storage set and the coroplast is corrugated plastic and I found that at Graphik Display & Sign in Lindon. The cost for the coroplast can be expensive but at GD&S  it was $28.00 for a 4X8 foot piece, Awesome price!! 

How to make the cage.. Its super easy and to make it your self is so much fun and cheap!!  The direction are so easy to follow and your little critter will love all the extra space...Have fun and follow the link for a step-by-step with pictures Cavy Cage's 

Oh here is a picture of Embry my 2 week old hoglet 



No comments:

Post a Comment